Monday, November 12, 2001
 
It didn't occur to me until I started working my way through it, how long it would take to get that plane shot down. I thought I'd have them in the water by now. Instead, they're running, there's a rescue in the way, and I'm still going to get them ditched and fished out. This might solve a major problem I've had up until now about how my protagonist is going to infiltrate his objective. He's going to get carried in half drowned. Which obviates a lot of sneaking around and might mean that the novel is shorter than The Lord of the Rings. "I may be writing a series but I am not writing a series of trilogies." Repeat, however many times.

However, given that I've been at this 1 1/2 h, am over 1000 words into the scene, and haven't fired the first shot, am I: (a) being faithful to my setting (b) building up suspense really well (c) starting the scene too early in the action or ... (d) being kinda wordy. Um.


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME