Tuesday, November 27, 2001
 
My alter ego
I got some e-mail intended for one of the other Alison Sinclairs a while back. She writes on Spanish History and Literature (Dislocations of Desire : Gender, Identity, and Strategy in La Regenta and Valle Inclan's Rudeo Iberico : A Popular View of Revolution). I'm not sure whether she's also responsible for The Deceived Husband : A Kleinian Approach to the Literature of Infidelity. The e-mail, by the way, was in Spanish. After the second such e-mail I cut and pasted it over into one of the on-line translators and decyphered the resulting pigin sufficiently to work out that it was she and not I he wished to contact, so I e-mailed him (in English) to advise him so. Never heard back. Theres also a UK molecular biologist by the name of Alison Sinclair. I wonder if either of those "others" in their respectable academic careers have ever been haunted by the disrespectable spectre of a certain sci-fi writer?


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME