Thursday, November 08, 2001
 

Nearly lost my grip yesterday. Felt so lousy I went home for a nap about 3 pm and decided, yes, sleep deprivation undermines my motive for living. I can keep going without sleep. I just feel like an overflown pilot.


Went back to work at 5 pm capable of enjoying the experience of meeting an elder from Ft. St. James who drives in to Prince George every Wednesday night to teach the FNST 133 - the Carrier language. We'd set up a WebCT shell for her to use and a student had already sent her an e-mail message. She dictated the response - in Carrier. Many and strange are the challenges of those who work in ed tech. Makes you appreciate the nature and quality of the flip side, though, when she is learning how to use a mouse. Picked it up quickly enough and has a daughter, she told me, who can help her figure out where she might get access to a machine in Ft. St. James.


Got a good night's sleep after some R&R watching Enterprise (The one where the Vulcan monastery turns out to be a major spy installation). Tegan fell asleep cuddled in my lap and I retired with David after plucking Angie off the kitchen chair where she was watching Jenny working on an Xmas present she is crafting and managing to keep her in bed long enough to give sleeping a fair chance by lieing with her. Necessary family contact hours. Guess I know where Amel's need for skin contact comes from. Think I was also book deprived. I felt a bit grumpy about your commentaries because I wasn't reading anything! Well, I read a couple of stories in the Fall 2000 issues of On Spec. Derryl Murphy's Last Call was an admirable example of short length, big impact. One idea clothed in characters, but they felt alive.



Comments: Post a Comment


HOME