Sunday, November 11, 2001
 
So - I can post in Netscape, but I cannot view the Blog in Netscape. I get automatically bumped to our empty archive. I can view the Blog in IE, but I cannot post. I get some unintelligible Windows-associated error message. Is this one of those I don't do Windows things, or is it just one of those computers-are-out-to-drive-us-insane things. Another place where SF speculation got it all wrong, with visions of insane computers taking over the world. All written by someone who had never tried to deal with "mismatched parentheses" in Fortran.

To this hour, I am still at a positive wordcount. The chapter, having started at 8 600 words, is now at 9 300 words, which means I added 1 200 and took out 500. Wordcounts are beginning to seem like an exercise in masochism. Lynda is feeding me summaries of the Reetion legal process, since she invented it, and I am joyously and shamelessly using Erien to info dump them. It's perfectly in keeping with Erien's character that he would attempt to explain to his Gelack countryfolk all the beauties and intricacies of the Reetion system. It's also perfectly in keeping with his audience's characters that they will sabotage his careful explanations by figiting, squirming, looking blank, getting argumentative and sneaking away. So having written the infodump, I shall pass the chapter to Lynda, via our FTP repositry, so she can enlarge on the sabotage. Erien is one of my PCs (player characters) in the universe, and I am inclined to be too soft on him at times.


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME