Friday, November 09, 2001
 

Take your point about the dropped threads. As we discussed on the phone, we'll need to mention the fate of POV characters from the "perspectives on Amel" side of the narrative. I'll do a better job of that scrap I sent you by e-mail on the Reetion process question. Maybe I'll work it up into something suitable for the ORU website as a reference article. Complete with flash animation of -- well. Maybe not. Day dreaming again. Was a time I wanted to model Reetion voting in a simple program. You know, the kind of diagram that illustrates a single complication's impact on a basic process without really touching the complexity of the beast. Recently bought James Gleick's Chaos because a few copies made it to Books & Company's $10 shelf. But I won't get it read in any timely fashion and I don't view the arbiter net as chaotic, exactly, except in the sense of small changes potentially having large effects. Like weather. Mm. Is that right?

You may be interested to know a google "I Feel Lucky" search for "Throne Price" fetches up your page
http://www.sff.net/people/asinclair/wriprice.html! I know because I tried it out, cold, in lecture this morning as an example of queries on the web and that's what we got. :-) In the regular search mode google also offered up lovely false hits about auction sales of thrones to help me make my point.



Comments: Post a Comment


HOME