Sunday, December 16, 2001
 
Lost weekend
To writing at least, pretty much, except for a few pages in a sombre fantasy novel I have been ruminating over. I shredded paper, lots of paper. I wrote bills. I found things in the paper clearout that should have been sent out, so I addressed envelopes and stuck stamps on them. I did laundry. I washed dishes. I even vacuumed. Someone had a lousy loud party Saturday night, so I got to sleep in earplugs. First time since leaving Ottawa. I did backups - verily, I have done backups. I am no longer flirting with disaster. I went Christmas shopping. Current score: bought: 1, unbought: 5. I looked in my disc storage box for the computer discs for my major graphics programs. I did not find them. I concluded I'd tossed them with the boxes and all the paper bunff before my last move. I stomped around the house muttering "I'd hang myself if only I could only find the damned rope." Then it occurred to me to look in the audio CD box. I'd still hang myself if I could find the rope - but the day I can lay hands on the rope will be the day I achieve organizational nirvana and no longer need to do so!


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME