Wednesday, December 12, 2001
 
Sometimes one flirts with disaster ...
... and sometimes it's a full-blown torrid affair. I fear my backup habits have reached the full blown-torrid affair stage. I am so unsystematic - usually because I tend to write until I'm brain-fried, my eyes are blurring and I recognize the probability (P > 0.05) of my overwriting the new version with the old. So I put off backing up, and the next time I sit down at my computer, with maybe a vague notion I'm going to back up, I open a file instead. Until I do what I did tonight and make myself Do It and realise that I have about 15 000 words sitting unbacked up, including some that I'm exceedingly fond of. Maybe I should start cooking over a kerosene lamp beside my curtains. Or pearl-diving. Or something.

You mean to get it out of your system by taking some relatively harmless risks, instead? :-)





Comments: Post a Comment


HOME