Sunday, January 13, 2002
 
TP Edits
Lynda, I have just e-mailed you the file of edits, with my opinions (where I have opinions) marked in red. I am amused by the idea that Branstatt's swearing in English vernacular is the mark of the Monatese intellectual influence. It also occurs when he wants to express himself aloud in private - or at least as a loyal retainer he wishes to communicate his opinion only to his fellow Monatese and not the world in general. And there is one of Ditatt's speeches where I do think he would say "between me and him" because Ditatt is Royalblood through and through and is the center of his own little universe and there is no way he would put D'Lekker Dem'Vrel ahead of him, even in a sentence! Whereas Erien would get the grammar correct. Characterization through dialogue: this came up in a panel today.


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME