Sunday, January 13, 2002
 
Weekend, what weekend?
Back from Seattle, Rustycon. Memos to self: (1) in future take my own name badge, so even if the type on the badges is 14 point, I will be identifiable (2) request a printout of my schedule beforehand so that I can protest 4-panel stretches over lunch in advance of arrival. Sustainance today has consisted of: cinnamon roll and OJ at Barnes and Noble; 2 chocolate chip cookies waiting for the bus at 2 pm; 6 pieces of sushi in Seattle airport at 3:30 pm; one chocolate bar in Vancouver airport at 5:30 pm; 1 glass of rice milk at 9 pm. This was my own fault, for finding airport food and grocery shopping so unappealing. Had the usual mixture of 'why am I DOING this' and 'when's the next one'; found myself decidedly under-dressed for the occasion - though useful when passing for mundane in the hotel restuarant; am beginning to wonder if having Dr. on one's credit card (change having finally stuck with the bank) results in getting better rooms. I don't think I am growing deafer, or more tolerant. Wondered if airport employees are forbidden by contract from discussing public transit - all enquiries as to how to reach hotel led to taxis. Legwork eventually led to bus, with net saving $100+. Memo to self: advance-research public transit. Pretty good panels, although the worldbuilding one concluded in a decidedly licentous vein. But there were some nifty ideas floated, beforehand. And one of my fellow panellists had actually read BLUEHEART. I am still rather grovellingly grateful if someone I do not know has read one of my books!


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME