Friday, February 08, 2002
 
All done
Nothing to do with the ORU - except it keeps the writer and dependent Mac in shelter, food and repairs, and nights like this interfere with the ORU - but I have just (as in about long-enough-to-start-IE-and-log-on-ago) sent my first clinical study report out to internal review.

Almost but not entirely unlike sending a MS off to the editor, to borrow Douglas Adams' immortal construction.

Now I wonder if I should leave my 40 lb box here such time as I bring the car or depart when the buses are running frequently. There's a pawnshop-type place downstairs that got in a whole bunch of freeweights this week. I'd been looking for some, but the ones in SportsChek were pretty but pretty wussy - purple moulded 5 lbs just were not going to cut it for long, even at my advanced age. I want back some of the leg-power I had when I was fencing and could do reps with 2/3 of the weight machine stack - whatever weight that was - 330 somethings, probably lbs. Only machine I ever got to move the pin DOWN on after a guy had been on it. The bench press was and is a zone of humiliation; sometimes I can't even get the pin OUT, never mind up. Never mind Freud's Thing, it's the androgens I envy. So I bought these weights, the real bar and changeable disc affairs. 40 lbs is no heavier than a box of books, and more compact. But I wouldn't want to lug a box of books the mile or so home!


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME