Sunday, March 31, 2002
 
Blog in motion
And it works. After considerable grief and some use of Very Bad Words. I can now post to the Blog(s) from my Palm. Anywhere, anytime, courtesy of AvantBlog. (Though AvantBlog stashes them all for the next hotsynch and Blogger date-time stamps them at the time of that hotsynch ... I am not wireless). Despite nonexistant documentation and some guesswork when the AvantBlog configuration string didn't dump properly into the Avantgo channel, it should have been straightforward, except that I had duplicate Hotsynch conduits on my system hanging around from a previous reinstall of the desktop software, and although I was advised of this and invited to select by the installer, the program did not settle down and actually install the Avantgo software until I hunted down and deleted all the extras. I was beginning to wonder whether I was going to have to reinstall Palm desktop, which had major headache-potential because of the fact that I'd have had to go back and download the version I was using ... if it hadn't been upgraded, and if I couldn't find that version then I could well have gotten into hassles with my versions of Backup Buddy and who knows what else. Upgrades, who needs 'em. Except I keep getting tempted by programs like this!


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME