Wednesday, March 06, 2002
 
Phone Call with Brian
Brian called tonight and we talked for half an hour. We discussed everything from the web site to the cons to re-affirming Edge's commitment to the series. Here are a few nuggets I thought I should get down on the blog before they escape:

  • He'll be sending a letter of understanding to affirm our mutual commitment to putting out the whole series together.

  • He'd like Second Contact by May for editorial work to begin.

  • He'll take Far Arena then too, or a little later

  • Edge will decide, in time to put out the 2nd novel within a year of Throne Price being release, which one to go with.

  • It is desirable if I send along Mekan'stan so he and Cheyenne have it, but there are no definite plans for novellas at this time apart from an interest in using them as part of bringing out the whole series; this need not preclude other avenues of release but he'd like to be "in the loop" if that should happen and be sure any choices made are not detrimental to future use in print form as part of the series

  • I let him know that taping Mekan'stan, with the UNBC student radio station, had fallen through at least until the summer

  • He is going ahead with launch plans for Conversion; I told him I'd be attending and so will Derryl Murphy. (Derryl offered to find out from the con com how you and I can get involved with the program)

  • Hopes to have books in PG for "Just West of Unruly" conference beginning March 13, and they'll be there for sure by the "Unruly Futures" event March 16. These are the beta 3 pre-prints.

  • Brian asked if we'd consider changing the title Unfinished Business to something more engaging. He thought it sounded too much like the title of a business seminar, and failed to roll off the tounge trippingly. I've no problem with that. Unless you do, we can consider it a working title until we are inspired.

  • I MUST get my photo done SOON for Brian's publicity packages for Throne Price which he is now putting together.


If there's more to dredge up, it will surface in our next phone call. Feel about due for one. :-) I was dragging myself around there for weeks, with a cold and nagging sense of guilt about some pending duties but both seem to be clearing up.



Comments: Post a Comment


HOME