Saturday, January 18, 2003
Rustycon, Part the Second
 
The next panel we spectated at, "Contracts: your rights as an artist, author, or musician", a one-woman show by Jennifer DiMarco of Windstorm Creative, followed by "To POD or not POD", featuring Jennifer ("Pods are evil!") DiMarco, Kevin ("Born of a POD") Radthorne, Dave ("Multipod") Duncan, and Jack Beslanwitch (whose alignment I am afraid I cannot recall). Though until I see one of those infamous machines in action, I'm not going to believe all the descriptions I get of it lining and binding without getting glue over everything! After that Lynda, Kevin and myself did "Developing your Creativity" with an abundance of writers in the audience, so we wandered cheerfully between into rituals, angst, and works in progress, as well as Where Ideas Come From. (I'm in favour of Pratchett's cosmic ray theory myself: in Wyrd Sisters he explains creativity as a sleet of particles of inspiration constantly bombarding the human brain - which every so often stops one or two. Certain unfortunate people - like the Dwarf playwright Hwel - have such high stopping power that they have difficulty finishing a sentence without having another idea.)


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME