Thursday, February 26, 2004
New terragen
 

No particular location in mind: it's the mist that I was going after. This is the one that has been sort of salvaged after the mysterious appearance of a monolith in the midst of the lake: the file became corrupted, with a large persistent white fleck on the terrain file. As white signifies elevation, this was a problem. I could not, for the life of me, export the terrain file in a form that any of my image editing software would recognize. Lynda suggested taking a screenshot. I did that, tinkered with it, put it back into Terragen, and discovered that my scale had all somehow gone to pot and my crater lake was a rather grungy puddle. So went back into Terragen, took the smallest terrain tool and leaned on it until I had sunk the monolith into an abyss. The only problem is, every time I reopen the file, the monolith pops up again. Any suggestions, anyone? How does one read an 8-bit raw file exported from Terragen on Mac software?


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME