Friday, March 12, 2004
Friday evening diversions
 
Looks rather nice (if I say so myself) ... renders like a hog. Fountain Court, the next installment. It's the transparency that's doing me in; I don't like to think what it'll do to my Mac when I get it right and render a copy for printing at 300 dpi! The walls look bland now I've taken the tiles off. I have to work on texture and light to get the depth, once all the elements are in and behaving themselves.


Here's a detail of the fountain itself, showing rather better what I intend for the tile. I've used a 4x4 tile pattern coloured according to the allocation of hearths at the time the floor was laid. I don't quite have the contrast between brown and golden that I need at that scale, but I'll work on it.


Now I'm working on the doors ... per the occupancy of the hearths in Throne Price, so red on the left, black in the middle, and green on the right, if I've read my layout correctly. I've got a door for Black Hearth that looks as though they could hold off the universe - I may need to mitigate it somewhat - but my present problem is that when I put it into the image, I get a whole lot of spurious noise in the middle of the fountain ... Like my monolith.



Comments: Post a Comment


HOME