Saturday, March 13, 2004
Render Bender
 
I can quit any time I want ... In the meantime, inspired by a photo in one of the architecture books I have borrowed from the library (James Steele, Architecture Today, p 234), I have tackled Ilse's house (Ilse, for other readers, is a Blue Demish midlord who gets caught up in Erien and Ditatt's efforts to transform Gelion, judicially and technologically). She lives down on the Apron District, below the Citadel (we need a map!). The blue sky is very un-Gelion, but I need the preset atmospheres for the sunlight until I tackle the building of an atmosphere from scratch.
Click on the image to see a large version: 640x480. Not too bad to render, compared to the fountain. I did a certain amount of manipulation to try and lift the white walls - adding a spot behind one of the front pillars and actually putting the white in the mix to luminous. Still haven't got the whiteness it has in the photograph. I think the key is reflective surfaces offstage, spilling light onto the scene.



The tiles come courtesy from the collection of free GIFs provided by the Architectural Engineering Graduate Students Association at Penn State U. The woods come from LEMOG Maya 3D Graphics.


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME