Tuesday, March 09, 2004
 
Some random spark of a cluster of synapses a couple of days ago coughed up a memory of The Trigan Empire, which was a long-running comic series originally in the British magazine Ranger and then in Look and Learn (which is where I learned, among other things, that Victor Hugo mauled his proof copies with revisions ... but I digress). When I encountered it, it was in its established middle phase, and I remember it as Romans in Space, complete with gladii, red mantles, a noble emperor, the wise old general scientific practitioner, the emperor's hotshot pilot nephew, various nefarious bad guys, assorted nasty aliens - all good stuff. As I said, this random neuron sparked, and I did what I do when random neurons spark - I went surfing. And found a site from a Dutch affictionado who is putting up the story, panel by panel, starting with the Trigans' emergence from a tribe of nomadic barbarians under the impetus of having an advanced civilization out to enslave them or wipe them out.


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME