Friday, April 16, 2004
Playing tourist on Gelion
 
Still working off presets, with mapped features (at least, I think they're mapped; the program, like a cat, may have detected my ineptitude and be blithely ignoring me). Mapped or not, I'm tolerably pleased with this one. Right from the start I've had in mind a picture of Erien in the Palace Shell, leaning against the railing with all his worldly goods in a kit bag on his back, rubbernecking. Here's the first draft of Erien, albeit minus kit-bag and scenery.



Actually, it's not all presets. The hair and pose were not.

The set is proving a bit of a challenge. I started building it entire, eventually working out how to map pictures on the inside of a cylinder without them smearing: you have to select map by facets. Here's what I have so far, demonstrating a least part of the problem - where to put the camera angle. This is a panoramic rendering:



What I will probably do is build a set rather than a whole object and only construct the part to be shown in the picture. That will let me give attention to detail. I'm hoist by my own petard, since according to the description from TP, there should be actual scenes in the panels. Going to be rummaging around in search of royalty-free scenes that will convert well to metallic panels. I could cheat and just use fractals ...


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME