Tuesday, May 25, 2004
That dratted dress
 
Working on foreground for the bistro: Vish (red-haired courtesan from Throne Price, whom Ditatt enlists for the Justice Ministry) and 'Tatt. I managed to modify the pattern by editing the image-map: the supplied dress is blue and flowery. I used a photograph of leaves (posterized in photoshop) to make it green and leafy and was pleasantly surprised with the effect of the repatterning. But the slits in the dress mean that when I try to pose Vish on a simple block on the way to having her seated gracefully (and reasonably modestly) on a chair, the draping algorithm hangs up, and the back of the dress just snarls on the inside of the block. I have tried blocks, balls, sloped surfaces, but because the pose and draping start from neutral, eg, with the dress inside the object, the back stays inside and snarls - local minimum. Gnch. I remember it well from solving crystal structures. Do I have to try and understand this algorithm??


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME