Saturday, November 20, 2004
 


Trees, courtesy of Arbaro (Esperanto for tree), an open-source platform-independent Java program that EXPORTS .obj format (that can then be loaded into Vue). The program takes the tree specifications in as xml and there is a generous pack of pre-prepared settings. The first picture shows the poplar and aspen, the second ... willows. I have had to back off from the full quality and resolution shown on the Arboro page, particularly for the willow, because of the size of the files - was having trouble importing them - so the willow looks a little spindly, but I have by no means explored fully what I can do to compromise between the limitations of my system and the possibilities of the program.


Comments:
Ick is right. David, I'll see what I can find about comments.

LOVE THE WILLOWS!
 
Well, that was quick. If found nothing on dealing with comments other than a template hack found in the Blogger Hack section. Seems to be one of them spampains that we have to live with.
 
Could the willow be a Lor Tree? I think I described them as willow-like in Courtesan Prince. Early Lorels invented Lor Trees to help out with environmental upkeep, UnderGelion. What do you think? Would lots of small leaves be a way to build an air processing plant in a cool domelike underground city, with air circulation and refreshing challenges. :-)
 
Post a Comment


HOME