Sunday, July 17, 2005
 
I have finally got around to restyling and beginning to sort out my neglected SFF.net site. In the process, I discovered how to fix certain elements on the page, like a head-bar and navigation sidebar, so I get the benefit of frames without losing the navigation information. I've used div tags to block out the page, in this particular case into classes of banner, sidebar, and main. Banner and sidebar have position: fixed. There are a few glitches: images and links are visible through the header and jumping to within page tags puts the target at the top of the page, ie, underneath the banner. And it requires a more recent browser; I have to look at it yet in an older browser to see whether it degrades gracefully, or not. But in Firefox and IE, on a Mac, it looks pretty good.


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME