Sunday, November 13, 2005
 
Thrilled to be notified of the
Review of Courtesan Prince by Bobbie DuFault on amazon.com. I've copied the text below.


"The author Lynda Williams has given significant thought to this first book of 10 planned in the Oka Rel universe. In this book on a broad level we see 2 distinct cultures that have arisen from the ashes of a terrible civilization collapsing war which happened thousands of years previously. From the ashes of the previous earth like cultures we see one group who embraces technology and one who does not. The groups are pitted against each other in cultural, social and technological ways.


On a deeper level her ability to develop characters with enough depth to seem real gave me characters I could love and wanted to see "win" and others who I found myself loathing.


In exploring the differences and similarities Lynda has given us new ways of thinking about the world around us and the culture driven moralities that exist in our current world.


Her presentation and delivery really sucked me into her world and carried me through the book causing me to want more. I look forward to her next books in this series."

by Bobbie DuFault from Amazon.com, Nov 2005




Comments: Post a Comment


HOME