Tuesday, October 10, 2006
VCON short report
 
Had a blast at VCON this year. Went with my writer-daughter Jennifer Lott and our artist-friend Brianna Thomas. Did a LOT of driving back and forth to where we were staying and other needful destinations that meant I missed more than I would have liked. But happy about any "face time" I got in with friends. Scored one of Virginia O'Dine's anthologies Best of Neo-Opsis -- congrats Stephanie and Karl! Did the writer's workshop. Pleased by the Okal Rel Universe panel event on Friday night. Great panels in general, I thought, although I just realized when I unpacked that I've failed to fill out any of the evaluation forms Fran Skene included in our packages. Got in an interview with the community radio station present. Enjoyed every minute I managed to spend on the EDGE booth with Anita and Brian. Saw the new Commander's Log footage from Craig Bowlsby. Took lots of pictures that will trickle out onto the "Reality Skimming" for weeks to come. Much thanks to Fran Skene and the VCON volunteers for making it possible.


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME