Thursday, July 10, 2008
 
Author Lynda Williams at Mansfield College, Oxford, for interdisciplinary.net conference Visions of Humanity Here's a shot of me in the dining room at Mansfield College, Oxford, where I gave a paper on Amel as a virtual reality experiment in identity for interdisciplinary.net conference Visions of Humanity in Cyberculture, Cyberspace and Science Fiction. Don't I look dignified! I look pretty goofey in other shots. There's a thumb nail sketch of my life in there somewhere. I thought the room looked a lot like I imagined the Breakfast Room in Green Hearth, except the Breakfast Room has just the one big table and would be smaller than any dining hall expected to feed a whole college of students. On the whole, Mansfield College itself was a pocket university and a step back in time which had the air of being whisked into the twenty-first century unprepared. It was nice.

Labels: , ,



Comments: Post a Comment


HOME